PFP Names 11 Semi-finalists in the Great Gay Play and Musical Contest
CHICAGO– A slate of 11 vibrant and kinetic new LGBTQ+ plays and musicals have emerged as Semi-Finalists in Pride Films and Plays’ 2016 Great Gay Play and Musical Contest. They come from writers across the United States, and were selected by a reading team from across the country doing blind readings of the manuscripts.
The semi-finalists are:
- All-American Boy by Donald Gecewicz
- Another Horatio Alger Story by Jason Jacobs
- Book of Hours by Thomas Klocke
- Five Husbands by B.V. Marshall
- Open and Shut by Donna Hoke
- Song to the Moon by Gary Jaffe
- Spectacular Brown by Brian Pracht
- TBD (To Be Determined) by Paul Elliott
- Terror Incognito by Larry A. Reed
- tran-si-tions by Steve Fogelman
- A Woman Onstage, book and lyrics by Stephen deGhelder, music by Brad Simmons
A final round of readings commences now, and five finalists will be named at the end of this month. Those five scripts will be performed as Enhanced Staged Readings at the Center On Halsted’s Hoover-Leppen, 3540 N Halsted, the weekend of April 22 to 24, 2016. Tickets for the event are pay-what-you-can (suggested $10). Find more information at www.pridefilmsandplays.com or 1 800 737 0984.