Rise Up – A Celebration of Resilience, Nov. 14
CHICAGO — The Youth Empowerment Performance Project will be holding an evening of performances at Chicago Theater Works on Wednesday, Nov. 14.
From their Facebook event:
Join the Youth Empowerment Performance Project (YEPP) for an evening in recognition of Transgender Day of Remembrance/Resilience and Youth Homelessness Awareness Month. Through performance and communion we will honor those who’s lives were taken, rejoice in the resilience of Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Youth, build community, and raise funds to support us in continuing our work.
What to expect from this gathering:
1) Performances by members that have been a part of YEPP since we opened for the first time 8 years ago until now.
2) Youth Speakers that will be addressing both topics we are creating awareness: Transgender Day of Remembrance/Resilience and Youth Homelessness.
3) “YEPP, It’s Happening” Campaign- we will be unveiling this campaign as an effort to celebrate YEPP members growth, life journeys and resilience.
4) Silent Auction and Raffle Prizes- stay tuned for more information about what the prizes/items are.
5) Photo Booth- Let’s have some fun/picture time!
6) Music, Food, Drinks!- stay tuned for more information about our DJ (Let’s Dance!), and Food Sponsors.
TICKET SALES (RiseUp.brownpapertickets.com)
A) $25- General Admission
B) $50- YEPP Basket
Covers- One Raffle Ticket that includes: two tickets to the next YEPP production and a visit backstage to meet the cast, and two YEPP T-Shirts of your size selection!
C) $350- YEPP Table
Covers- a table for 6 people. Includes: admission for 6, 1 drink ticket per person, 1 ticket per person to the next YEPP production!
NOTE- Space Wheelchair Accessible.
Do you want to sponsor our event, or be a volunteer? Email us at- [email protected] and let us know how you want to support us!
The celebration starts at 6 p.m. Chicago Theater Works is at 1113 W Belmont Ave. in Chicago.