Strengthening Ties: LGBTQ+ Allyship and Community-Building at Congregational United Church of Christ
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS — The Congregational United Church of Christ will host a education session on allyship and community building this Saturday, Oct. 26.
The session will go from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church’s location at 1001 W. Kirchhoff Rd. in Arlington Heights.
The congregation said on their Eventbrite event page that the session is for everyone interested in learning more about the queer community, how to become a better ally, or how faith communities can be a part of the movement. Church membership is not required and is open to youth and adults.
Speakers for the session include:
- Pastor Emily Snowden (www.congucc.org)
- Rev. Leah Robberts-Mosser (http://community-ucc.org)
- Rev. Jamie Frazier (https://www.lighthousechicago.org)
- Pastor Rich Harvard (https://www.letsgetinclusiveuic.org)
- Commissioner Kevin Morrison (https://www.cookcountyil.gov/person/kevin-b-morrison)
- Carolyn and Molly Pinta (https://www.pintaprideproject.com)
- Nova Maday (https://www.novamaday.com/)
- Teresa Mateus (https://www.teresamateus.com)
People interested in attending can RSVP at the Eventbrite page.