Hemp, cannabis symposium at SIU on March 28
CARBONDALE — A symposium for people in the hemp and cannabis industry will be held at Southern Illinois University on March 28.
According to an announcement from the university, it’ll be held at in the SIU Carbondale Student Center Old Main Room. The event will feature discussions about current research, rules and regulations, financial issues, insurance and security, as well as information about pre-season, in-season, and post-season production.
The symposium will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Registration is limited to the first 100 people to sign up. Registration costs $65.
Sign up online at conferenceservices.siu.edu to attend. The registration fee includes lunch.
Topics will include:
- Disease and pest identification and control.
- Irrigation and fertilization practices.
- Flowering and photoperiod identification and manipulation.
- Harvesting, drying and storage techniques.
- The chemistry involved in processing and marketing.
- THC/CBD sampling, testing and interpretation.
The luncheon will feature a vendor fair with a wide variety of vendors demonstrating equipment and products. There will also be door prizes and time for networking.