Bailey vacates temp restraining order on shelter-in-place
LOUISVILLE — State Rep. Darren Bailey (R-Xenia) has vacated the temporary restraining order he won earlier this week against the state’s stay-at-home executive order.
WSIL-TV, an ABC affiliate in Harrisburg, reported on Friday that Bailey was asking the Appellate Court to voluntarily vacate his restraining order against Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s extended stay at home order.
“In light of new documentation recently uncovered, which the Governor’s office and the Department of Public Health failed to provide as required by Illinois law, we feel it is in the best interest of the people of the State of Illinois to voluntarily ask the Appellate Court to vacate the temporary restraining order. I will then file ask to file an amended complaint in the circuit court alleging the newly discovered facts and issues,” said Rep. Bailey in a statement received by the TV station Friday morning.
“This new information offers a more complete picture and brings to light additional problems in regard to the procedural and substantive shortcomings of the Governor’s office and the Board of Health’s safeguarding of the civil rights of the citizens of the state. This will strengthen our efforts to ensure the liberty of all Illinoisans,” he added.
When asked about the “new documentation” at his Friday briefing, Pritzker said, “I can’t answer some hypothetical. I really don’t know what Rep. Bailey’s intention is by withdrawing his lawsuit.”