Club Station House damaged in fire

Print More

SPRINGFIELD — Local media reported that the Club Station House, a gay bar in Springfield, was damaged in a fire Friday morning.

WAND, an NBC affiliate in Decatur, reported that fire crews responded at 6 a.m. on Friday at the bar on the 300 block of E. Washington St. in Springfield to a call of smoke filling a second-floor hallway. When a second alarm was dispatched, responders forced entry and found the seat of the fire. 

There were no injuries but there smoke damage on the second and third floors and heavy damage in the bar itself.

According to the Illinois Times, the bar was being remodeled during the coronavirus closure.

Owner Ryan Bandy told Times that the bar did have insurance but can’t predict what will happen. He had been able to get a paycheck protection loan and had kept employees on the payroll during the shelter-in-place order.

Both outlets reported no cause of the fire had been found as of yet.

Comments

comments

Comments are closed.