Paducah LGBT Welcome Center now Heartland Equality
PADUCAH — As of May 8, the Paducah LGBT Welcome Center has re-branded as Heartland Equality.
This is done to better reach our clients in our entire service area, and to position ourselves to be able to handle the inflex of services, and programs that we currently offer, and new programs rolling out.
Heartland equality will still offer the services that the Paducah LGBT Welcome Center offered including our Coffee with Friends, Transgender Resources Program, Youth Services, Online Youth Program, Q-Chat Space, Community Pantry, Community Closet, Meeting Space, Elderly Support Group, Widow(er) Support Group, and our LGBTQ Recovery Support Group in partnership with Turning Point.
The organization will be expanding services to the Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Carbondale; Union City, Tenn.; Martin, Tenn.; Murray, Ky. and surrounding counties.
In the coming months, they will be adding :
- QTIPOC Group (Queer and Trans People of Color Group)
- Movie Nights
- Game Nights
- Book Club
- Domestic Abuse Victims Group
- Sexual Abuse Victims Group
- Parents of the Alphabet group – Group for Parents Raising LGBTQ+ youth
- Rainbow Systers – Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Transgender Womyn, and Womyn questioning their identity
- Friendly Visitor Program – To decrease isolation, and increase socialization for LGBTQ+ adults who are homebound, at nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or any other senior facility.
- Nature Group – Monthly OUtdoors group featuring camping, hiking, and more.
- Parents Group – A group for LGBTQ+ parents
- Singles Group –
- Arts & Crafts Group –
- Heartland LGBTQ Chorus
- Heartland LGBTQ Sports League
- On Site Therapy, and Health Screenings
Heartland Equality will reopen on Tuesday, May 12, with day-to-day operations. Outside visitors are limited through pre-arranged appointments or calling upon arrival. On-site temperature checks will be performed and masks must be worn. “We look forward to sharing this new and exciting journey with everyone,” the organization said.
Heartland Equality Service Area consists of the following counties:
- Tennessee – Lake, Obion, Weakley, Henry, Stewart
- Missouri – Pemiscot, New Madrid, Mississippi, Scott, Cape Girardeau
- Illinois – Jackson, Union, Johnson, Pope, Hardin, Alexander, Pulaski, Massac
- Kentucky – Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman, Fulton, McCracken, Graves, Livingston, Marshall, Calloway, Crittenden, Lyon, Caldwell, Trigg, Union, Webster, Hopkins, Christian