BELLEVILLE — Metro East Pride announced it is extending the deadline for an LGBTQ scholarship.
Originally on April 30, the deadline for application is now on May 31.
The scholarship is $500.
The criterea for the scholarship are:
- Applicant must reside in Illinois in one the following counties: Clinton, Jersey, Madison, Monroe or St. Clair.
- Applicant must be a High School Senior or enrolled at a two-year community college.
- Applicant must be involved in the LGBTQ+ community (Allies included).
- Applicant must submit a completed Pride Scholarship Application, along with the following documents:
- One (1) letter of recommendation from someone in the community such as:
- School principal, counselor or teacher
- Pastor or Employer
- Official copy of transcript through the seventh (7th) semester.
- Essay not to exceed two (2) typed pages answering the following scenario: How has your involvement in the LGBTQ+ community affected your life?
Fill out the Google Doc application for consideration.