CHAMPAIGN — Grants are now available from The Happy Transgender Center for transition-related surgeries.
The Uniting Pride Center of Champaign County posted the announcement on their Facebook page.
The mission of The Happy Transgender Center is to provide financial assistance to transgender people for gender-confirming surgeries by raising money to fund gender-affirming surgeries for those transgender people who need surgery to live a healthy life but lack the ability to pay for it themselves.
From the Facebook post:
Please see below for the list of requirements and other information related to the application process:
We ask that you:
– identify as transgender (FTM, MTF, non-binary, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, and all other non-cis identities)
– are 18 years of age or older at the time of your surgery
– complete your surgery within 12 months of receiving the grant. This is coordinated with your surgeon as the grant is paid directly to the surgeons office on your behalf.
– complete your surgery in the United States with a U.S. based surgeon (though you may live outside of the U.S. and still apply!)
– abide by all standards as set by the WPATH
To apply, please send in an online letter through the form so that we can hear a bit of your story/journey and explain why you need the help. All letters are personally read by our Board of Directors, including Rizi Timane, LCSW, PhD, DSW(i) but only those chosen for the grant will be responded to due to the the sheer volume of applications and time needed to respond to every single person.
You can apply for the grant here.