Equality Illinois has announced the finalists for the Illinois Got Talent Virtual Pride celebration on June 5.
The statewide organization has been looking for talented members of the LGBTQ community across the state to compete for a $500 cash prize.
Equality Illinois said the state’s LGBTQ community has too much talent to fit only five finalists. Ties in two regions mean that all ticket purchasers for the event will get to vote for one of the following SEVEN finalists:
- From the Chicago region (TIED!): musical performances Ren Braceros and Kevin Mandla
- From the Collar Counties region (TIED!): musical performances from Mikey Everything and London Anderson
- From the North region: a short story from Joel Shoemaker
- From the Central region: a musical performance from Luke McQuillan
- From the South region: visual art from Kane Crain
Buying a ticket for the event will count as a vote for the artist of your choice.