Southern Illinois Pride Fest Royalty pageant set for Aug. 21
The Rainbow Café LGBTQ Youth Center will be hosting the second Southern Illinois Pride Fest Royalty pageant on Saturday, Aug. 21, in Carbondale.
The pageant will take place at the Garden Grove Event Center. Doors will open to the public at 7 p.m. and the pageant starts at 8 p.m.
The categories include:
- King of Pride: defined as a self-identified female competing as a male illusionist.
- Queen of Pride: defined as a self-identified male competing as a female illusionist.
- Miss Pride: defined as a self-identified female competing as a female.
- Mr. Pride: defined as a self-identified male competing as a male.
- Mx. Pride Ambassador: defined as a nonbinary or gender neutral individual competing as themselves or their performance character. Acts as a representative or promoter of Southern Il Pride Fest.
Nonbinary and gender-neutral people can enter any category they feel comfortable in. However, all contestants must a resident of the southern half of Illinois. The outer edge of the eligible area is a line stretching from Adams County in the west to Vermillion County in the east. If you live on that line or south of it, you are eligible to enter.
Applications are available here.