LGBT Chamber of Illinois sponsoring LGBTQ+ Biz Bootcamp
The LGBT Chamber of Commerce of Illinois will host a new bootcamp for LGBTQ entrepreneurs this fall.
The chamber said the bootcamp is designed for businesses with at least one-year of hands-on experience in operating their business, but all interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Facilitated by Kristina Wynne of The Wynners Club, the eight-week cohort program will provide participants with broad practical skills and a demonstrated ability to apply knowledge using skills such as critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to help them further develop and define their entrepreneurial journey. Participants will leave the program with a business plan and business pitch deck, while also accessing quality networking through mentorship and guest speakers.
In addition to leaving the program with a prepared business plan and pitch deck, students will have the chance to compete for a chance to win a valued prize worth more than $1,770.
The bootcamp will last for eight weeks.
Participant and program requirements include:
- Participants must be an out LGBTQ+ individual who is comfortable having their photo, names, and businesses printed in news, social media, etc.
- All selected students are required to submit a business plan in order to participate in the Pitch Competition.
- Participants must complete all requested surveys and engage in marketing requests when needed to promote the Boot Camp.
- Participants cannot miss any workshops to be eligible for the First Place Pitch Prize .
- Participants will be required to speak with their assigned mentor at least twice – once during the first four weeks, and once during the second four weeks. More participation is welcomed and encouraged.
Apply to join at the chamber’s website. The application deadline is Sept. 8 and the bootcamp starts on Oct. 2.