The city of Aurora announced the nine inaugural members of their LGBTQ advisory board on Thursday, Nov. 10.
In a Facebook post, the city said the members were appointed this week by the city council.
The board members are:
- Zachary Bishop,
- Brittney Borowicz-Keller
- Sean Li
- Briana Moss
- Adam Pauley
- Ivan Quinones
- Paulene Spika
- Michael Vargas
- Frederick Yanos
“It’s been a long journey we’ve all been on, but we are here and going to do a great job with this,” said Pauley as he thanked the Council for the appointments.
The board will serve in an advisory capacity to the city concerning the needs of Aurora’s LGBTQ community as well as:
- Organize, support, or promote events recognizing each June as Pride Month within the city.
- Encourage the education, advocacy, and community involvement of the city’s LGBTQ youth.
- Help promote greater awareness and cross-cultural understanding of the LGBTQ community.
- Recommend measures designed to enhance the overall quality of life for the LGBTQ community.
- Coordinate and participate in educational programs for the LGBTQ community.