CARBONDALE – The Southern Illinois Transgender Resource Fair returns to town but in the Rainbow Café’s new home.
The fair will be at the Rainbow Café LGBTQ Center building at 118 N. Illinois in Carbondale as well as across the street at the Carbondale Pavilion.
The fair will run from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and is free to all.
Along with food and live music by Jenni Davolt, the event will also offer resources for trans people in the area, including:
- Free clothing, binders, shoes, makeup, haircuts, and hygiene products
- Harm reduction tools, like free condoms, Plan B, and Narcan
- Voter registration
- Employment assistance
- Medicaid and health insurance assistance
- Food security assistance
- HRT providers being on-site and available for discussion andscheduling
- Binder massages and yoga
- Trans voice therapy assistance
- Legal assistance for name/gender marker changes
There will also be organizations, both from the area and from other areas in Illinois and neighboring states. They include:
- C.A.R.E./Rainbow Refuge
- SIU Transgender Voice Clinic
- SOIL Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
- CUF Social Action Team
- Pride in Action Southern Illinois
- Southern Illinois Pride Collective
- SIU Center for Rural Health and Social Service Development
- The Community Action Place inc.
- SIU OUTlaw
- SIU WGSS
- SIU Multicultural Center
- SIU Women’s Resource Center
- Shawnee Health
- Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- The Night’s Shield
- Center for Empowerment and Justice
- Carbondale United
- The Little Resource Center
- Carbondale Tool Library
- Survivor Empowerment Center
- Midwest Access Coalition
- Gaia House Interfaith Center
- Metro Trans Umbrella Group
- Uniting Pride
You can follow updates for the resource fair on the Facebook event.
Know a useful resource?
Share it with your community!
We aggregate links that connect to resources across Illinois. If you know of a site that should be included or want your website listed, please submit it!